When it comes to prospecting, there isn’t just one set of rules. It depends on the type of company you are and the type of business you’re prospecting. Below are a few tactics to get you started in the world of sales.
• Capitalize on your relationships. Are you a member of a non-profit board or professional’s group? Networking these relationships is a great starting point. If you’re not a member of at least one group, join one.
• Depending on the type of industry you’re in and the expense involved, attending industry trade-shows can be a way to make new contacts.
• Use LinkedIn. If you know the owner of a company you want to prospect in the future, connect with them on LinkedIn. This is a great way to research your prospect.
• Offer something of value to your prospects, make yourself become a resource.
• Use social media. Try commenting on a business’s Facebook page on a regular basis to help with your company’s name recognition.
• Look back to previous relationships. Things change at companies and it doesn’t hurt to stay in touch.
• Try using the regular mail instead of email. Send a nice package promoting you, rather than an email that will get deleted right away.
• Use a list service
If you’re looking for innovative ways to prospect new clientele or new customers call the team at Midwest Marketing, we always have some clever tricks up our sleeves.